[Samba] dns replication error due to deleted records
rpenny at samba.org
Fri Oct 11 14:12:48 UTC 2019
On 11/10/2019 14:58, Luca Olivetti via samba wrote:
> El 10/10/19 a les 20:23, Luca Olivetti via samba ha escrit:
>> Today I noticed something that has been going on for some weeks:
>> I have 2 dc, (dc1 and dc2) both debian buster with the distro
>> provided samba (4.9.5), recently upgraded from stretch.
>> samba-tool drs showrepl on dc2 says
>> Default-First-Site-Name\DC1 via RPC
>> DSA object GUID: 89812346-9037-43b0-86ab-c5052f55125d
>> Last attempt @ Thu Oct 10 20:05:28 2019 CEST failed,
>> result 58 (WERR_BAD_NET_RESP)
>> 273 consecutive failure(s).
>> Last success @ Thu Oct 10 12:05:27 2019 CEST
>> (the rest of the incoming replications are fine, only the
>> DomainDnsZone fails).
>> It turns out that dc2 chokes on "\0ADEL" dns records, supposedly
>> deleted objects.
>> I found a "solution" here:
>> The procedure to solve it is not exactly the same but it put me on
>> the, hopefully, right track. I scripted it since it got tiresome and
>> it solved the replication problem, for a while, but now it reappeared
>> (that's the message above).
>> This started on September 25, when I upgraded dc2 from stretch to
>> buster. A few days later I also upgraded dc1 (it was still running
>> I'm using internal dns and the dhcp server talks to dc1 to update the
>> dns records, that would explain why there are records to replicate
>> but doesn't explain why samba fails (when it didn't before).
> The problem persists :-(
> Default-First-Site-Name\DC1 via RPC
> DSA object GUID: 89812346-9037-43b0-86ab-c5052f55125d
> Last attempt @ Fri Oct 11 15:50:30 2019 CEST failed,
> result 58 (WERR_BAD_NET_RESP)
> 283 consecutive failure(s).
> Last success @ Fri Oct 11 08:35:30 2019 CEST
> samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs gives no error on both DCs (though dc1
> is reporting 20276 objects and dc2 20180, after cleaning the bad
> entries the count is 20272 on dc1 and 20208 on dc2)
> The strange thing is that this is happening now with both DCs running
> buster with the same samba version and never happened when dc1 was
> running jessie and dc2 stretch.
Try running this on a DC:
samba-tool ldapcmp ldap://DC1 ldap://DC2
Replace 'DC1' and 'DC2' with your actual DC short hostnames
It should tell you the differences.
More information about the samba