[Samba] Samba "pass" authentication to OpenID or SAML (external)

Thiago Anderson Santos thiago.santos at zup.com.br
Fri Oct 11 00:24:01 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,
I received a somewhat strange and complicated demand today.

The idea of the manager is to use samba as a domain server but the
directory tree (authentication and authorization of users) is on an
external SAML server using keycloak. The samba will pass only GPO.

Is this possible?

As far as I've seen samba works the version of Windows Active Directory as
well, and I've used it a lot as a domain server authenticating and
authorizing users in addition to group policies.

Thank you all,

Thiago