[Samba] how to automatically create the home directory

Mason Schmitt mason at ftlcomputing.com
Thu Oct 10 11:57:50 UTC 2019

If you're on a RedHat system with selinux (RHEL, CentOS, fedora), then it
looks like <https://danwalsh.livejournal.com/69837.html> pam_oddjob_mkhomedir
will create the home directories for you and also ensure that the correct
selinux labels are applied.  I have this on my todo list, as I'm currently
using the ADUC method, which is labour intensive.

--

Mason