[Samba] Failed to find cifs/fs-share at dom.corp (kvno 109) in keytab

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 8 20:26:23 UTC 2019

On 08/10/2019 21:11, banda bassotti wrote:
> none of this :) access to the share by windows clients and yes, I can
> read, I only reported the log output nothing more,

If you are not mounting anything, then you do not need the keytab.

Also, I never said you couldn't read, I just pointed out that you can
look at the keytab '/etc/samba/fs.keytab' until you are blue in the
face, but it will do you no good, because it is the wrong keytab.

 From your error message, something seems to be trying to mount a share
somewhere. If your clients are just connecting to a share and do not
need to mount anything, then I suggest you find what is trying to mount
the share and stop it.

Rowland