[Samba] Samba winbind getgroups lookup

Satay Epic satayepic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 14:16:19 UTC 2019

Ok. Wondering if it fix  by changing the idmap backend to "ad" ?

Is "ad" backend a better option than "rid" since we have MS AD or otherwise ?

My next task is to ensure PAM is setup correctly with winbind. I'm
going to validate the PAM configs.

Do you have any recommendations of PAM / winbind settings?

We also having "nscd" running for the DNS host lookup. Is it right to
have "nscd" running beside "winbind"?

Thanks