[Samba] Roaming profiles don't work properly on newly joined Windows clients

Piers Kittel piers at centrefordeaf.org.uk
Thu Oct 3 19:52:29 UTC 2019

> Can we start by seeing your smb.conf from the Samba machine that holds
> the profiles share.
>
> Rowland
Rowland, thanks for your prompt reply as usual!

Yeah sure, have pasted it below.  Just an update - I've double checked
the other donated computer - it works perfectly fine, roaming profiles
gets written to the server and no error message. So in fact, it's just
one of the donated computers that has this problem - roaming profiles
don't get written to the server.  Odd.

Thanks again for continued help!

# Global parameters
[global]
         netbios name = AD
         realm = xxx.INTRANET
         workgroup = xxx
         dns forwarder = 192.168.0.1
         rpc_server:spoolss = external
         rpc_daemon:spoolssd = fork
         printing = CUPS
         spoolss: architecture = Windows x64

[netlogon]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/cfd.intranet/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No