[Samba] Primary group is 0 and contains 0 supplementary groups

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Oct 3 20:26:26 UTC 2019

On 03/10/2019 20:52, Robson Vitor Mendonça via samba wrote:
> Rowland, thanks for listening. I am learning to use the list, this is the
> first time I use this feature, sorry for the inconvenience, I believe it is
> the last message that will be created as new. I changed my receive settings
> to be able to reply to messages individually.
>
>  From what you answered earlier, I have a main server with AD, running Samba
> 4, everything is configured and working.
It sounds like your 'main server' is configured as a Samba AD Domain
Controller (seeing the smb.conf from that computer would confirm this)
and if so, should be referred to as a DC (it helps, a 'server' could be
many things)
>   The error is happening on a
> secondary server, which will be for files only.
This sounds like a Unix domain member and the smb.conf you posted a link
to, confirms this.
> This secondary server
> authenticates to the primary server, so the password server.
Nope, it isn't really referred to as a password server, if it is a DC,
it is much more than that ;-)
> Groups have been created on the primary server so that users of these
> groups can access their shares.

AH, are you used to Samba3 ?

AD doesn't really work like that, well, not without doing other things.

> I believe I have some idmap error, or something, but as I have no
> experience in Samba, I can't find my mistake.

Can you please post the the smb.conf from the other Samba computer.

Why do you need SMBv1 (ntlm auth = yes) ?

Once I have all this info, I will help you to write your smb.conf files
correctly and help you to get things working.

Rowland