[Samba] Changing the A-Record of the domain.

Dipl.-Ing. Péter Varkoly peter at varkoly.de
Thu Oct 3 13:41:05 UTC 2019

Am Donnerstag, den 03.10.2019, 14:13 +0100 schrieb Rowland penny via
samba:
> On 03/10/2019 13:43, Dipl.-Ing. Péter Varkoly via samba wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after installing a samba-4.8.9 AD-Server there is/are an A-Records
> > created for the domain delivering the ip-address(es) of the AD-
> > server.
> > This ip can be changed vie "samba-tool dns update" but after
> > restarting
> > the AD-server the ip-address of the server will be added again.
> > Can this be prohibited or is this necessary to the functionality of
> > the
> >   AD-server.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Why do you need to change the IP ?
This system was migrated form samba-3 NT to samba-4 AD. The A-Record of
the DNS-Domain pointed to the web-server which is placed on an other
server.
> If an IP is beadded after Samba is restarted, this is obviously
> being done by samba_dnsupdate, which is adding the ipaddress of the
> DC
> and this is required.
Thanks that was what I wanted to know. There are some rules in life
that you have to accept. That's one of those :-)

--
Dipl.-Ing. Péter Varkoly
Greuleinweg 37.