[Samba] Primary group is 0 and contains 0 supplementary groups

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Oct 3 13:01:35 UTC 2019

On 03/10/2019 13:25, Robson Vitor Mendonça via samba wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I thought this was a mistake, sorry.
>
> So I created the shared directories and defined which groups can access
> this directory and includes the users in the defined group. However, the
> user defined in the group cannot access the directory, gives access denied.
> Take a look at the settings, if you can give me a direction of where my
> error is.
>

> # smb.conf
> [SHARE]
>    comment = SHARE
>    path = /dados/share
>    read only = no
>    inherit acls = yes
>    valid users = @"TCO\Domain Admins" @"TCO\group01"
>    write list = @"TCO\Domain Admins" @"TCO\group01"

Can you please 'reply' to posts, you are breaking the thread by making
new posts every time ;-)

Try it like this:

   valid users = Domain Admins group01
   write list = Domain Admins group01

Can I also suggest you read the smb.conf manpage, you have numerous
unneeded and incorrect lines, you shouldn't set 'password server' for
instance.

You will also be better off setting the permissions from Windows, see here:

Rowland