[Samba] Upgrade DC 4.5 -> 4.8, timings?

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Wed Oct 2 09:29:19 UTC 2019

Mandi! L.P.H. van Belle via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> > You can start upgrading the FSMO (transferring roles in samba
> > now is simple even with the FSMO offline) but you avoid
> > potential extra work starting on other DCs. Check
> > replication, let sit for a while, check some more. If all is
> > well, time to upgrade another DC.
> Exactly ;-), it should not be very exiting here.
> If you hit things, just post it on the list, i'll help out.

Ok, so if i've understood well:

a) keeping DC with (not too) different samba versions it is not a
 problem.

b) upgrade the DC with FSMO roles last, not first.

Considering that to upgrade a container with the DC i need 15-20
minutes, it is really needed to trasfer FSMO roles?

My FSMO roles DC have also the 'samba-tool user syncpasswords' script
that run, and really i don't want to move to a different dc, or loss
some password change...

Thanks.