[Samba] CTDB and nfs-ganesha

Max DiOrio Max.DiOrio at ieeeglobalspec.com
Tue Oct 1 18:57:43 UTC 2019

Hi there – I seem to be having trouble wrapping my brain about the CTDB and ganesha configuration.  I thought I had it figured out, but it doesn’t seem to be doing any checking of the nfs-ganesha service.

I put nfs-ganesha-callout as executable in /etc/ctdb
I create nfs-checks-ganesha.d folder in /etc/ctdb and in there I have 20.nfs_ganesha.check

In my ctdbd.conf file I have:

# Options to ctdbd, read by ctdbd_wrapper(1)
#
# See ctdbd.conf(5) for more information about CTDB configuration variables.

# Shared recovery lock file to avoid split brain.  No default.
#
# Do NOT run CTDB without a recovery lock file unless you know exactly
# what you are doing.
CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK=/run/gluster/shared_storage/.CTDB-lockfile

# List of nodes in the cluster.  Default is below.
CTDB_NODES=/etc/ctdb/nodes

# List of public addresses for providing NAS services.  No default.
CTDB_PUBLIC_ADDRESSES=/etc/ctdb/public_addresses

# What services should CTDB manage?  Default is none.
# CTDB_MANAGES_SAMBA=yes
# CTDB_MANAGES_WINBIND=yes
CTDB_MANAGES_NFS=yes

# Raise the file descriptor limit for CTDB?
# CTDB_MAX_OPEN_FILES=10000

# Default is to use the log file below instead of syslog.
CTDB_LOGGING=file:/var/log/log.ctdb

# Default log level is NOTICE.  Want less logging?
CTDB_DEBUGLEVEL=DEBUG

# Set some CTDB tunable variables during CTDB startup?
# CTDB_SET_TDBMutexEnabled=0

CTDB_NFS_CALLOUT=/etc/ctdb/nfs-ganesha-callout
CTDB_NFS_CHECKS_DIR=/etc/ctdb/nfs-checks-ganesha.d
CTBS_NFS_STATE_FS_TYPE=glusterfs
CTDB_NFS_STATE_MNT=/run/gluster/shared_storage
CTDB_NFS_SKIP_SHARE_CHECK=yes
NFS_HOSTNAME=hq-6pnfs

But in the logs, I see nothing relating to nfs-ganesha, and when the ganesha service fails, the IP’s don’t get migrated and/or the service doesn’t get restarted.

Any ideas?

Max DiOrio
IT Architect