[Samba] Primary group is 0 and contains 0 supplementary groups

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 1 19:00:33 UTC 2019

On 01/10/2019 19:40, Robson Vitor Mendonça via samba wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I am having a problem configuring Samba 4 domain member. The main server
> works only as AD and the second one will be for file sharing.

I think you mean that you have one Samba running as an AD DC and are
trying to set up another one as a Unix domain member.

What are the problems you are having ?

> Looking at the logs I see errors like:
>
> "UNIX token of user 0
> Primary group is 0 and contains 0 supplementary groups"

This is not a problem, this is 'Administrator' being mapped to the Unix
user 'root'  and the primary group is 'root'  and there are no
supplementary groups.

So what isn't working ?

Rowland