[Samba] need to check and read ntfs acls from nfs stack, looking for libraries to do so

Jerrad Bieno jerrad.bieno at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 13:32:16 UTC 2019

I need to add the ability to check permissions against ntfs acls that are
set and maintained by a samba server, in our nfs stack. The nfs stack
currently doesn't have anything to deal with this. I was wondering if
Samba's code for creating and checking permissions against the security
descriptor and related structs is something provided by third party
libraries, or did Samba implement that all specifically for Samba? I was
hoping that since ntfs acls are a standard format for smb permissions that
there would be some sort of libraries available for dealing with them but I
am having a hard time finding anything.