[Samba] security=domain fails after upgr. to 4.9, winbind doesn't help

Frank Steiner fsteiner-mail1 at bio.ifi.lmu.de
Fri Nov 29 09:04:36 UTC 2019

Hi Rowland,

thanks for all your input!

Rowland penny via samba wrote:

> Could it be Selinux or Apparmor (not sure which SLES uses) stopping smbd
> contacting winbindd ?

No, none of these is running on our systems.

> Could the SLES Samba packages be wrong ?

Yes, that's a possibility. I opened a SR with SUSE support, but they
usually take some time to analyse and propose a solution. I asked here
because I thought there might be an obvious mis-configuration that
I did and that expers on this list would immediately see :-) But
if that's not then I guess an error in the SuSE packages is likely.

> Have you tried starting smbd and then winbind ?

Yes, in all combinations and restarts etc. Nothing helped :-(

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner   Web:  http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/
Lehrstuhl f. Bioinformatik    Mail: http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/m/