[Samba] join samba 3.6 to ad with samba.411

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Nov 27 13:42:34 UTC 2019

On 27/11/2019 13:27, Stefan Kania via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we MUST join a 3.6 Samba into a Samba-Ad with 4.11, which options do I
> have to set  on the DCs to join the samba 3.6. Pleas no answer "update
> to 4.x" it's NOT possible at the moment
>
>    thanks
>
> Stefan

Nothing, you will have set the smb.conf on the Samba 3.6 machine to be
compatible with the DC. It will probably be missing a lot of security
updates though.

Even though you said not to say it, but you should upgrade as soon as
possible, though this will probably mean upgrading the OS as well.

Rowland.