[Samba] 4.9.x -> 4.10.x : any major things to consider?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Nov 27 07:56:58 UTC 2019

Am 26.11.19 um 22:06 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:

> Ok, so I will
>
> * demote it remotely
>
> * scratch adc2:/var/lib/samba
>
> * follow
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory
>
> and come back here ;-)

Up and running again:

some minor obstacles for me:

rm-ed /var/lib/samba, recreated /var/lib/samba/private, touched secrets.tdb

The join did throw some errors until I noticed that I had skipped the
string "DC" in

# samba-tool domain join samdom.example.com DC -U"SAMDOM\administrator"

Now things look good so far.

Even the OpenVPN-Server that queries the AD works again after importing
the new CA ... fine.

Now backing it up: new cronjob for that backup-script etc

thanks all!