[Samba] 4.9.x -> 4.10.x : any major things to consider?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Nov 25 10:49:06 UTC 2019

Hai Stefan,

Yes, i do recommend the setup from 4.9 to 4.10 first.

If you plan is to upgrade to buster.
1) on stretch, update samba to 4.10
2) Change apt sources do buster, * your now also able to add buster-samba411 of my repo.
3) apt-get dist upgrade --autoremove --purge
And you able to upgrade to buster and samba 4.11.

Do note, i should be possible to to it also from 4.9 to 4.11, but thats not what i've done.
I only advice what i also did in my network.

And which order, that does not matter much, i mix that also, thats bit what you preffer.

Greetz,

Louis