[Samba] Problems setting up samba bind9_dlz on Ubuntu 18.04

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Nov 25 07:56:43 UTC 2019

That link your using has few poing that needs fixing.. Its not a bad exampl.e
For example. 5.  apt-get install ntpdate.. Should be : apt-get install ntp
You should configure the NTP daemon also on the AD-DC.

Point (step 3)
10.
systemctl stop samba-ad-dc smbd nmbd winbind
Also needs
systemctl stop disable smbd nmbd winbind
systemctl stop mask smbd nmbd winbind

12.
       winbind enum users = yes
       winbind enum groups = yes
Better use no here.

14.
Not needed.

If you read the howto as shown in this link
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/full-howto-Ubuntu18.04-samba-AD_DC.txt

Start reading as of line 183.
Your problems/fixes are around lines 267-315

Greetz,

Louis

www.tecmint.com/join-additional-ubuntu-dc-to-samba4-ad-dc-> failover-replication/>