[Samba] Problems setting up samba bind9_dlz on Ubuntu 18.04

David Masshardt david at masshardt.ch
Sun Nov 24 16:17:55 UTC 2019

Hi,

I guess this solved the problem! I now get no errors when replicating the dns. I also created a test entry on my windows server and it was replicated to the linux server.

I will now test if everything still works when the windows server is shutdown.

Thanks again for the quick help!

Regards
David

Am 24.11.19, 16:36 schrieb "samba im Auftrag von Rowland penny via samba" <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org im Auftrag von samba at lists.samba.org>:

    On 24/11/2019 14:53, David Masshardt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > thanks for the quick reply. I've now installed libpam-krb5 and copied the krb5.conf to /etc instead of the symlink.
    >
    > I've also installed the ntp service, but I'm still getting the same errors in the dns replication.
    >
    > The /etc/resolv.conf is managed by netplan under Ubuntu 18:

    Perhaps I should have said that Samba has to be authoritative for the
    dns domain, so you really do not need anything else controlling anything
    to do with dns.

    I tested joining a Ubuntu DC to a domain and I had to do this:

    apt install ifupdown
    apt purge nplan

    Edit /etc/network/interfaces

    # The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

    auto enp0s3
    iface enp0s3 inet static
             address 192.168.0.243 <-- replace this with your DCS IP
             netmask 255.255.255.0
             gateway 192.168.0.1 <-- replace this with your gateways IP

    Replace 'enp0s3' with your interface name.

    service systemd-resolved stop
    systemctl disable systemd-resolved.service

    rm -f /etc/resolv.conf

    create new /etc/resolv.conf

    search domain.com
    nameserver 192.168.0.243 <-- replace this with your DCS IP

    edit /etc/hosts

    127.0.0.1       localhost
    ::1             localhost6
    192.168.0.243  ubutestdc.domain.com ubutestdc <-- replace this with your
    DCS data

    ::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
    fe00::0 ip6-localnet
    ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
    ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
    ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

    reboot

    > 	nameserver 127.0.0.53
    > 	options edns0
    > 	search domain.com
    >
    > I've now changed the nameserver to localhost. This is the netplan yaml config behind this:
    The 'nameserver' should be the DCs IP, see above

    > 	network:
    > 	    ethernets:
    > 	        ens18:
    >   	           addresses: ['172.17.2.1/16']
    > 	            gateway4: 172.17.1.1
    > 	            nameservers:
    > 	                addresses: [127.0.0.1]
    > 	                search: [domain.com]
    > 	    version: 2
    >
    > And this is the content of the /etc/bind/named.conf:
    >
    > 	include "/etc/bind/named.conf.options";
    > 	include "/etc/bind/named.conf.local";
    > 	include "/etc/bind/named.conf.default-zones";
    > 	include "/var/lib/samba/private/named.conf";
    I actually wanted to see the contents of the files, especially
    'named.conf.options' & 'named.conf.local'

    Rowland