[Samba] Join 2012 Server to Samba 4.11

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Nov 22 11:17:33 UTC 2019

Hai,

Ok, i'll help you re-question this.

First of all, are we taling about a join as Member or AD-DC.
Members should not give any problems. So (and i hate it) i "assume" ad-dc..

If you want to join the Windows server as AD-DC to a samba domain.
Which version is samba is currently running and what is its schema level?

And with which samba version as the Samba AD-domain setup.
These things give valueble info.

I do know, as ive been reported that, with my 4.11.2 packages people are having
Samba-AD-DC and windows 2012 R2 as AD-DC joined in one domain.
I just can say if windows joined samba or samba joined windows.
I removed these emails already, i cant recall the join direction.
But,, i suspect it was windows dat joined a Samba-AD domain.

Greetz,

Louis