[Samba] hp-ux samba windows client fails to delete directory
Kumar, Arjit (SSTO)
arjit.kumar at hpe.com
Wed Nov 20 09:12:58 UTC 2019
I have configured samba 4.9.0 as PDC on hp-ux.
1. Configure samba as PDC(smb.conf file is attached) and start smbd and nmbd daemons.
2. Map samba share on 2 Windows PC#1 and PC#2 with same credentials created by pdbedit -a command
3. Windows PC#1 creates two directories, \FOLDER_A\FOLDER_B in the Samba share
4. Change directory to \
5. Windows PC#2 changes from a current directory to \FOLDER_A\FOLDER_B (i.e., user on PC#2 is accessing FOLDER_B under FOLDER_A and session is active)
6. Windows PC#1 tries to delete \FOLDER_A
Sometimes, \FOLDER_A\FOLDER_B gets deleted but not \FOLDER_A.
7. Same behavior is seen when doing those operations using smbclient on HP-UX
NOTE: If no user is accessing FOLDER_B, removal of FOLDER_A is successful.
Can you please let us know possible reason for directory not getting deleted.
More information about the samba