[Samba] Some issues for Samba 4.10.7 on ZFS 0.8.1

Jeremy jeremy55662004 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 11:03:37 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I got some samba issues on ZFS 0.8.1 below, but i have no idea these issues
are belong to samba or ZFS.

Q1. When i used Mac OS X 10.12.6 to mount smb (samba version 4.10.7) share
folder and upload a folder which has few files then i got an unexpected
error (error code -50).

Q2. When using the file which has ntfs data streams :Zone.Identifier:$DATA
can't upload to share folder successfully and it will pop up the error
message "The file is too large for the destination file system".

My share conf is below:
[myfolder]
path = /test/myfolder
write list = "admin" "@Administrator_Group" "root"
invalid users =
valid users = "admin" "@Administrator_Group" "root"
browsable = Yes
public = Yes
force directory mode = 0777
directory mode = 0777
force create mode = 0777
create mask = 0777
inherit acls = Yes
map acl inherit = Yes
acl_xattr:ignore system acls = Yes
recycle:repository = @recycle
recycle:directory_mode = 0777
recycle:keeptree = yes
recycle:versions = yes
recycle:exclude_dir = .streams
vfs objects = shadow_copy2 streams_depot catia fruit streams_xattr
acl_xattr recycle
streams_depot:delete_lost = yes
shadow: format = %Y%m%d-%H%M%S
shadow: sort = desc
shadow: snapdir = .snapshot
shadow: localtime = yes
smb encrypt = disabled

I guess all these issues are related to streams_depot and streams_xattr.
Does anyone face the same issue above? Hoping some people can give me some
advises.

Thank you,
Jeremy