[Samba] mixing Windows ACL and POSIX ACL shares on one server?

Matthias Leopold matthias.leopold at meduniwien.ac.at
Thu Nov 14 20:45:47 UTC 2019

Hi,

I posted a similar question in 2018 with no answers, so I'll try again:
Is it possible to have shares with Windows ACLs and shares with POSIX
ACLs on the same server (security = user)? Since share permissions are
handled differently for both types of shares I'm not sure if this will
work. I know I could try it out myself, but the question again just came
to my mind and I think there will be clear answer by someone who knows.

thank you
Matthias