[Samba] FreeRADIUS & SAMBA when Active Directory domain is not a FQDN

Steve Bluck sbluck at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 20:07:25 UTC 2019

Hi Rowland,
Apologies for the tardy reply, I mistakenly set the mailing list to digest...
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll ask the AD guys about this but I have a feeling it is an unlikely solution as Office 365 & Skype for Business apparently relies on the UPN. Unfortunately the local domain is a result of following Microsoft's "Best Practice" in the early 2000's which has since changed.
Since I posted this I've found some suggestions around doing a LDAP lookup first and pass the results to ntlm_auth so shall do some investigation on that.
Cheers
Steve