[Samba] samba-tool provision - Undefined symbol "ldb_handler_copy"

Don Kuenz mail at crcomp.net
Tue Nov 12 14:06:42 UTC 2019

Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> Don Kuenz wrote:
>
>> Samba 4.8. It turns out that both the FreeBSD bin and source packages
>> are broke. Fully functional, error free binaries were eventually created
>> by manually installing about a dozen requisite packages, one at a time
>> along the way, whenever make halted on an error.
>>      To add to a difficult day, something along the way apparently ate my
>> subsequent emails to the samba email reflector.
>
> I'm trying to write (and maintain) a page about all Samba/FreeBSD
> peculiarity and problems.
>
> Please, have a look at https://www.netfence.it/sub/sambaonfreebsd/ (and
> contribute if you can).
>
> I hope this is not considered spamming, that's not my intention.

No worries, you did not spam the group.

It seems that Samba/FreeBSD became a hot mess during the past couple of
years. Samba 4.8.7 now works on FreeBSD for me. It looks like we're back
to the days of Do It Yourself make from source on FreeBSD.
    My discipline is to take copious notes along the way. But, in my
haste to get something, anything, up and running to meet a deadline, my
detailed chronicling got dropped as the process turned into a mad dash.
    Anyhow, it seems prudent to archive my fully functional 4.8.7 host
as an ISO copy.
    Your page is very helpful. Any additional information gleaned by me
will be posted to this mail list.

Thank you, 73,

--
Don Kuenz KB7RPU
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;