[Samba] "samba-tool backup offline" stuck

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Nov 11 07:35:45 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-10 21:41, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Is this unpatched Samba

Yes and no.
Yes: it's the stock FreeBSD's Samba port.
No: the FreeBSD port has itself several patches WRT the original Samba
distribution.

> and what is the full backtrace on that tdbbackup?

You mean: compile with debug symbols, attach gdb and get stack trace?
If so, I'll do it, but I'll need some time.

> It looks like tdbbackup cannoto proceed due to outstanding locks held
> by other parts of Samba,

I too guess so.

> however the referece to lockf makes me worried
> that for some reason full fcntl locks are not in use.

I get lost here.
What should I check?

  bye & Thanks
	av.