[Samba] net ads join explication ?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Nov 7 11:37:23 UTC 2019

On 07/11/2019 11:08, nathalie ramat via samba wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I want to add my linux client in my ad .
>
> I use net ads join -U administrator
> passwd : xxxx
>
> and I wait and I have no reponse but if I put 8 times t he key enter,
> my machine is add to my add but I have  this message error : error
> reading from file descriptor 0 : empty password  which come from the
> server
>
> I don't understand why .
>

> My server is samba 4.11 and  my client use winbind .

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your smb.conf, were 'smdb',
'nmbd' and 'winbind' running before the join ?

Can you download this:
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/samba-collect-debug-info.sh

Run it on the Unix domain member and post the output into a reply to
this post, do not attach it, this list strips attachments.

Also, what is he DC ? OS and version.

Rowland