[Samba] GPO for Computer/Machine not working

Martin Tessun martin.tessun at gmx.de
Mon Nov 4 21:03:48 UTC 2019

On 31.10.19 18:14, Robert Marcano wrote:
> On 10/20/19 11:52 AM, Martin Tessun via samba wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am having the same issue that is described in an older thread here:
>> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2018-February/213656.html
>

> The description of that link, says it is running Samba AD with MIT
> Kerberos. the MIT backend is experimental and this is one of the
> problems it has, machine GPOs don't work. The NULL SID group
> membership for machines is the same symptom of a machine joined to a
> Samba AD with MIT Kerberos backend.
>
> From where are you getting the Samba packages?

The packages are the ones shipped with openSUSE:
- samba-4.9.5+git.187.71edee57d5a-lp151.2.6.1.x86_64 (just listing this
one for reference).

Kerberos packages are the ones that are pulled in by dependency:

libndr-krb5pac0-4.9.5+git.187.71edee57d5a-lp151.2.6.1.x86_64
krb5-1.16.3-lp151.2.6.1.x86_64
krb5-server-1.16.3-lp151.2.6.1.x86_64
sssd-krb5-common-1.16.1-lp151.7.6.1.x86_64
sssd-krb5-1.16.1-lp151.7.6.1.x86_64
krb5-client-1.16.3-lp151.2.6.1.x86_64

So this looks very much like MIT Kerberos implementation - also when
checking the rpm-dependencies on the samba packages:

[snip]
libkrb5.so.3(krb5_3_MIT)(64bit)
[snip]

Thanks!