[Samba] DC with outdated secrets

Johannes Engel jcnengel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 15:24:40 UTC 2019

2 hours and I am a little further:
Helped myself with Andrew's script in source4/scripts/devel/chgtdcpass
which updated the machine password as well as the keytab.
After a restart samba keeps complaining now that the (outdated) KVNO 6 is
no longer part of the secrets.keytab:
[2019/11/03 16:22:12.319958,  1]
../../source4/auth/gensec/gensec_gssapi.c:793(gensec_gssapi_update_internal)
  GSS server Update(krb5)(1) Update failed:  Miscellaneous failure (see
text): Failed to find DC3$@MY.DOMAIN(kvno 6) in keytab
FILE:/var/lib/samba/private/secrets.keytab (aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96)

Apparently I missed one place in the update. Any ideas how to fix this last
part?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Johannes