[Samba] smbclient -L returns NT_STATUS_REVISION_MISMATCH

Yvan Masson yvan at masson-informatique.fr
Fri May 31 16:25:47 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Sorry for this question which has certainely already been answered, but
I could not find info in the list nor in the wiki.

From my Debian laptop running testing (samba 4.9.5) and with an empty
smb.conf (I wanted to be sure that only default values are used), I can
not browse shares of a Windows 10 machine (sorry, Thunderbird splits
some lines):

smbclient -L 192.168.122.200
Unable to initialize messaging context
Enter WORKGROUP\yvan's password:
Anonymous login successful

	Sharename       Type      Comment
	---------       ----      -------
smb1cli_req_writev_submit: called for dialect[SMB3_11]
server[192.168.122.200]
Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_REVISION_MISMATCH
Reconnecting with SMB1 for workgroup listing.
do_connect: Connection to 192.168.122.200 failed (Error
NT_STATUS_RESOURCE_NAME_NOT_FOUND)
Failed to connect with SMB1 -- no workgroup available

Any idea is very welcome.

Best regards,
Yvan