[Samba] Integration Windows Server 2012

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 31 09:55:03 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-05-31 at 10:46 +0100, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> As far as I am aware 2012 is planned for 4.11 (but as I am sure you are
> aware, plans can change), after that I am sure that 2016 will be added
> as soon as possible.

It depends on what you mean by 2012.  We should be able to join and be
joined by a 2012 server thanks to the work to upgrade the schema
(patches in just some defaults to tweak) and the adprep stuff under
samba-tool domain functionalprep

However we can't be a 2012R2 functional level server yet, or in the
near future, as we do not implement the kerberos features that implies.

I'm still hoping to upgrade our Heimdal (perhaps SambaXP will help re-
start that process) but that is only one part of the task.

I hope this clarifies,

Andrew Bartlett