[Samba] domain won't go online

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu May 30 18:50:36 UTC 2019

your keytab setup looks wrong.

Can you also explain why there are 2 netbios names in there,normally only one should be in there.

only the real resolving hostname (-s) should be in there.

if you follow this basic rules for your (internal) revolving.

hostname -f is the real hostname.

hostname -i is the real ip

hostname -d the dnsdomain

hostname -s the local aliasname (on the linux server). which is also the netbios name, but in caps.

set for these in the dns the A and PTR records.

any other when you want to use, cname it to the real hostname.

set upn/spn you need for the alias (cname), and your Kerberos resolving works now correct and let samba maintain it on the real hostname through winbind.

now im not at my computer, cant type it all on my phone.

running my debug script might show more in whats going on.

and it answers all rowlands asked things, it your on debian related os.

My vacation started today so im low on response..

Greetz,

Louis