[Samba] Integration Windows Server 2012

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu May 30 10:12:19 UTC 2019

On 30/05/2019 11:04, Dirk Streubel via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i've read a few month here in the list that in Samba 4.11 it will be
> possible to join a Windows 2012 Server to an active Samba AD Structure.
> This would be nice, but what about 2016 / 19 Servers. Are there to many
> Problems withe the new schema of the 2016 / 19 Server?

One step at a time, we need to get to 2012 first ;-)

This is actively being worked on and once we get there, it is thought
that the next jump jump to 2016 will be a lot easier

> Another Question: what about the Forest function level and the Domain
> function level that come out of the Box with Samba.
>
> I use here Fedora 30 and the Levels are 2008_R2 and i can't raise to
> 2012_R2. Are there any plans to rise this up to a higher level out of
> the box or is this only a Fedora Problem.

Can I ask if you are using the standard Fedora Samba packages for your DC ?

If you are, are you also aware that they are marked as experimental
because they use MIT kerberos ?

Rowland