[Samba] python dist-utils and python-config [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Thamm, Russell Russell.Thamm at dst.defence.gov.au
Tue May 28 07:41:11 UTC 2019

UNOFFICIAL
Hi,

I'm trying to build samba-latest on CentOS 7. The PC is not online, so I have to download everything manually.
Most of the prerequisites are on the CentOS Everything ISO so I don't have to download a lot.

I installed all the documented dependencies and configure complained about python3.

So I downloaded and installed

python36-libs-3.6.8-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
python36-3.6.8-1.el7.x86_64.rpm

and now I get (./configure)

:DistUtils not installed? Broken python installation? Get python-config now.

I tried to find dist-utils. All I could find was:

python36-distutils-extra-2.39-8.el7.noarch.rpm

This is apparently not what is required, because configure still gives me the same error.

I've had even less luck looking for python-config.

Can anyone tell me what else I need to install?

Alternately, what is the latest version of SAMBA 4 that will build with the documented prerequisites(ie not using python 3)?

Cheers
Russell