[Samba] How to verify connectivity between AD and unix client properly?

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Mon May 27 15:07:08 UTC 2019

> What is 'C.I.D' ?

"CID (Closed In Directory) is a set of scripts for inserting and managing a
Linux system in an "Active Directory" domain."
https://sourceforge.net/projects/c-i-d/

Define 'remove' , do you mean leave the domain ?

I right click on the computer and press delete. :D

This could be coming from the winbind cache or your Unix client could
> still be joined to the domain, what does 'net ads testjoin' show ?

kerberos_kinit_password "computer..." failed: Client not found in kerberos
database

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 11:57 AM Rowland penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 27/05/2019 15:44, Elias Pereira via samba wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > We have some computers with ubuntu that are in the domain. They are
> > configured through a package called C.I.D because it saves configuration
> > time.
> What is 'C.I.D' ?
> >
> > When removing the unix client directly via RSAT, I still get ping via
> > wbinfo --ping-dc and also wbinfo -u returns me the users of the domain.
>
> Define 'remove' , do you mean leave the domain ?
>
> This could be coming from the winbind cache or your Unix client could
> still be joined to the domain, what does 'net ads testjoin' show ?
>
> Rowland
>

> --

Elias Pereira