[Samba] Samba4 - Evolution

Julien TEHERY julien.tehery at openevents.fr
Mon May 27 14:20:53 UTC 2019

Hi there,

AFIK, win2008 will go EOL the 14th january of 2020 and i would like to
ask you some questions about samba4 future.

- As today we are able to join 2012 servers into a samba >4.6 domain, is
it possible to join 2016 servers (i guess no, I never tried). If not
will it be possible in samba's next releases (is it allready planned?)
- I'm not an AD expert but in the same way, will samba4 (or samba5 !) be
able to emulate win2k12 DCs or directly win2016 DCs one day (not in 10
years i hope !)