[Samba] Upgraded from CentOS 6.X to 7.X, samba not working

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Mon May 27 00:26:44 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 03:45:31PM +0200, L.P.H. van Belle via samba (samba at lists.samba.org) wrote:
> You should have looked before upgrading. ...

I actually did, I remember now (after I read your suggestions).

On this page (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba) it actually says:

   If you update to Samba 4 and later, you do not have to migrate to Active Directory.

That was enough for me at that time.

I KNOW I have to update at some stage but in the moment I am getting conflicting messages.
On the webpage it still says I can use old type NT domains.

So is this still possible to runb NT style domains on the latest samba?
My reasoning: I want to get all upgrades out of the way, then update samba ...

Jobst

--
Student to Teacher: Sir, what's an oxymoron? .... Teacher to Student: Microsoft security.