[Samba] (no subject)

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri May 24 12:15:26 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 4:25 PM Rafael Lenharo via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed SAMBA 4.8.3 on CentOS 7.6.1810 to be a domain controller and
> shared directories. How do I configure it to require IP, username, and
> password to access shared directories without having to inform the domain?

Distinguish between a file server, and a domain controller. You don't
need to hand-build Samba to be a file server, you can use the built-in
Samba and save yourself a lot of work.

Define "inform the domain" Do you mean to make the shares available to
everyone, with no authenticaiton? That is controllable in the
"smb.conf" file. You'll need to define the directory you want to
share, and there are many good descriptions of how to do this. That
includes the smb.conf man pag, and it can even be set to allow
"usersshares" to allow people to personally choose what to share. But
you need to define what you want to share.