[Samba] dsdb_access Access check failed on CN=Configuration

Mike Ray mray at xes-inc.com
Wed May 22 17:24:41 UTC 2019

Poking around on this further, I believe the LMHOSTS error does not matter.

The smb directive "name resolve order" defaults to "lmhosts wins host bcast" -- so I believe the file no found error is just because it's trying lmhosts first, not finding the file and then moving on.

Eventually it hits "host" resolution and uses /etc/hosts to resolve the name.

Changing the directive so that "host" is first and then re-running the command just removes the lmhosts errors; however the "ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - LDAP error 32 LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT - <dsdb_access: Access check failed ..." is still present.