[Samba] Error with dbcheck after upgrade to 4.10.2

Pinja-Liina Jalkanen pinja-liina.jalkanen at vihreat.fi
Wed May 22 15:18:20 UTC 2019

Interestingly, for me this resolved itself upon upgrading from Samba 4.8
to 4.9. But, at the same time the build configuration changed, because I
did what I had been considering to do a long time: stopped compiling
Samba by myself and started to use whatever is cureently shipped with
Debian (in this case Buster; 4.9.5+dfsg-4). I migrated data to the right
directories manually on each DC (locks, private & smb.conf) before
restarting Samba post-upgrade, and everything seems to be working again;
no replication errors, and only two minor errors on dbcheck that were
fixed by it.

Anyway, the issue looks like it's not limited to 4.10, because for me it
occurred on 4.8 as well, but then not on 4.9.

Pinja-Liina