[Samba] self compiled 4.10.3 replication failure.

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Mon May 20 21:34:58 UTC 2019

On Mon, 20 May 2019, Tom Diehl via samba wrote:

> On Sat, 18 May 2019, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>
> Well OK maybe I should have said self compiled using the instructions @
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_Source#configure and
> the package list from
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Package_Dependencies_Required_to_Build_Samba#Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_7_.2F_CentOS_7_.2F_Scientific_Linux_7
> substituting python36-devel for python-devel and adding python32-dns
> to get the samba-tool dns module to work. None of the distro samba packages
> are installed.

On the other hand, since python3 is a 'foreign' passenger to RHEL7, if you
just wanted Samba 4.10.x on el7/centos7, it would be much simplier to just
consume the python2 system default. This is what I'm doing on el7 to build
without EPEL:
http://nova.polymtl.ca/~coyote/dist/samba/samba-4.10.3/RHEL7/SPECS/samba-v410x.spec
%if 0%{?fedora} || 0%{?rhel} > 7
%global with_python3 1
%else
%global with_python3 0
%endif

And 'samba-tool' dns seems to work fine (for me) on python2. To be
honnest, the only major change I saw in the compile process for 4.10.x was that one
of the required library updates depended on a more recent make of cmake3
(for which I am now providing as SPEC and src.rpm from the above repo as
well). But aside from that, the process was mostly a matter of updating
tdb,talloc,ldb,tevent and friends.

Vincent