[Samba] Upgrade from 4.9.8 to 4.10.3 on Centos using Sernet Packages

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon May 20 09:59:46 UTC 2019

On 20/05/2019 10:15, Christian Naumer via samba wrote:
> Hello you all,
> we have a 4 DC environment running on Centos7 with the Sernet-Packages.
> Version on all DCs is 4.9.8 (smb.conf below). We upgraded one of the DCs
> to 4.10.3. After a few minutes we see this in the logs:
>

> smb.conf
>
> [global]
>          netbios name = DC3
>          realm = XX.DOMAIN.DE
>          server services = s3fs, rpc, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
> winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
>          workgroup = DOMAIN-02
>          log level = auth_audit:2 dsdb_password_audit:5
> dsdb_transaction_audit:5 dsdb_group_audit:5
>          #log level = 4 auth_audit:3
>          logging =syslog only

Why do you have a parameter with another parameter as its value ?

both 'logging' and 'syslog only' are both parameters, did you mean
'logging = syslog' ?

>          server role = active directory domain controller
>          prefork children = 8
>          idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>          username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
No, you do not use the line above on a DC
>          template shell = /bin/bash
>          template homedir = /home/%U
>          #ntlm auth = yes
>          ntlm auth = mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only
>          disable netbios = yes
Why ? there is virtually no netbios on a DC and there is no browsing
>          smb ports = 445
>          server min protocol = SMB2
>          client min protocol = SMB2

Why are you setting these ?

>          rpc server dynamic port range = 1024-1300

Why are you using the pre 4.7.0 range ?

Rowland