[Samba] password server not sending authentication requests to a specified DC

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue May 14 14:25:40 UTC 2019

On 14/05/2019 14:55, LOKO MESO Michel via samba wrote:
> Our goal is to have a particular DC which will be used by our proxy
> for user authentication.
>
> We tried to use only the required DC as a nameserver but that doesn't
> work, queries are still sent to other DCs.
>
> Michel

You still haven't said why you must use a particular DC, all DC's are
equal, so it shouldn't matter which DC you connect to, you should get
the same info back. That is unless one DC is in the same building and
another is on the other side of the planet, in which case, you should
investigate 'sites'.

just one other thing, when replying to a thread, please reply, don't
make a new post.

Rowland