[Samba] Samba4 changing a user's password from linux workstation

Julien TEHERY julien.tehery at openevents.fr
Tue May 14 11:58:43 UTC 2019

I've gotten pretty unhappy with "realmd" and "sssd". They try to hide
>> a lot of steps away from the user, but the internal interactions are a
>> bit of a "mousetrap" game. When it works, you get the mouse. But if
>> any of the many steps are even slightly worn, it becomes erratic or
>> fails.

Update: In fact i succeeded in reseting user password from a linux
workstation with kpasswd through pam_sssd.
At the beginning I thought we were prompted directly for new password,
but we had to first type in the old one before choosing a new one.