[Samba] debian 10: errors with my server samba-ad

nathalie ramat nathalie.ramat at univ-littoral.fr
Tue May 14 09:58:29 UTC 2019

hi,

My user must be able to connect under windows and under linux. The home
is common. Their home is on the server.

Like there are students - they are identified by their formation( group)
and by their login

for example /home/specifique/testlundi
                   /home/l1info/testmardi

For me the etudiant belong to a group  and i have create each group on OU

and i take the last number for sid group for gidnumber - it was to find
out which group he belonged to - It's not a good idea ?

on my smb.conf on the server i put

[homes]
     path=/home/%G/%U
     read only = no

Actually - i can't put my client linux in my ad.
net ads join -S nameofsever -U administrator --> doestn't give my
response -- It wait  ...

my client linux smb.conf is

  [global]
     security =ADS
     realm = LENZSPITZE2.CALAIS.FR
     workgroup =LENZSPITZE2
     netbios name = testbugsterl
     winbind separator = /
     winbind enum users = yes
     winbind enum groups = yes
     idmap config LENZSPITZE2 : backend = ad
     idmap config LENZSPITZE2 : schema_mode =rfc2307
     idmap config LENZSPITZE2 : range = 10000-399999999
     idmap config LENZSPITZE2 : unix_nss_info = yes
     template homedir =/etudiants/%U
     template shell =/bin/bash
     winbind nss info = rfc2307
     kerberos method =  secrets and keytab
     dedicated keytab file =/etc/krb5.keytab
     winbind refresh tickets =yes
     username map = /etc/samba/samba_usermapping
     winbind use default domain = yes
     log file =/var/log/samba/log.%m
     log level = 3
# for acl support on members servers with shares
     vfs object = acl_xattr
     map acl inherit = yes
     store dos attributes = yes
     winbind nss info = rfc2307

--
Nathalie RAMAT-LECLERCQ

Service Informatique

Universite du Littoral-Côte d'Opale
SCoSI - Service Commun du Système d'Information
Pôle Systèmes et réseaux

Centre de Gestion Universitaire de Calais
50 rue ferdinand Buisson
C.S 80699
62228 CALAIS CEDEX