[Samba] Samba4 changing a user's password from linux workstation

Julien TEHERY julien.tehery at openevents.fr
Tue May 14 07:30:29 UTC 2019

Le 14/05/2019 à 09:12, Rowland penny via samba a écrit :
> On 14/05/2019 07:32, Julien TEHERY via samba wrote:

>>> What sort of Samba domain, NT4-style or AD
>>>
>>> Rowland
>> We use AD style
>>

> Try 'kpasswd'
>
> Rowland

Yep I allready tried it, it ends with "kpasswd preauthentication failed
getting initial ticket"
I must precise we use pam_sssd against Samba4/AD to authenticate.
Here is my /etc/sssd/sssd.conf:

[sssd]
config_file_version = 2
domains = mydomain.lan
services = nss, pam
default_domain_suffix = mydomain.lan

[domain/mydomain.lan]

id_provider = ad
auth_provider = ad
chpass_provider=ad
access_provider = ad

ldap_id_mapping = True
default_shell = /bin/bash

use_fully_qualified_names = False
override_homedir = /users/home/%u
fallback_homedir = /users/home/%u

krb5_use_enterprise_principal=false
krb5_validate = False
krb5_store_password_if_offline = False
ad_domain = mydomain.lan
krb5_realm = MYDOMAIN.LAN
realmd_tags = manages-system joined-with-samba