[Samba] password server not sending authentication requests to a specified DC

LOKO MESO Michel mmeso at olfeo.com
Mon May 13 07:15:51 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am running samba/winbind 4.8.9 on Debian 8 which is joined to an
Active Directory and facing the following issue :

I need to specify a particular DC for the authentification. Therefor I
added 'password server = x.x.x.x' in /etc/samba/smb.conf but realised
that the option is ignored and that the requests are sent to another DC.
In which case does Samba ignore 'password server' option ? Is there a
way to force samba to use 'password server' ?

Thanks,

Michel