[Samba] Sysvol

Praveen Ghimire PGhimire at sundata.com.au
Fri May 10 09:46:32 UTC 2019

Hi ,

We ran the classicupgrade today and have come across an issue with sysvol. The users are getting access denied message when accessing sysvol/netlogn. Other shares are ok. The administrator can access the sysvol and netlogin

root at dozer5-ad:/var/lib/samba# ls -al
total 67
drwxr-xr-x   6 root root                       11 May 10 17:33 .
drwxr-xr-x  32 root root                       32 May 10 16:29 ..
-rw-------   1 root root                   421888 May 10 16:30 account_policy.tdb
-rw-r--r--   1 root root                        0 May 10 16:32 dbdir
drwxr-x---   2 root root                        3 May 10 17:33 ntp_signd
drwxr-xr-x   8 root root                       27 May 10 19:45 private
-rw-------   1 root root                   528384 May 10 16:30 registry.tdb
-rw-------   1 root root                   421888 May 10 16:30 share_info.tdb
drwxrwx---+  3 root BUILTIN\administrators      3 May 10 16:29 sysvol
-rw-------   1 root root                    32768 May 10 19:45 winbindd_cache.tdb
drwxr-x---   2 root root                        3 May 10 17:33 winbindd_privileged

The smb.conf is

[global]
        workgroup = LIN
        realm = LIN.GROUP
        netbios name = linserver01
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        log level = 4
        winbind nss info = rfc2307
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        acl allow execute always = True
        server services = -dns
        allow dns updates = nonsecure

        full_audit:priority = notice
        full_audit:facility = local5
        full_audit:success = mkdir rmdir read pread write pwrite rename unlink
        full_audit:failure = none
        full_audit:prefix = %u|%I|%S

[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/LIN.group/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
        read only = No

Also, how do we setup a common login script for all users. We are using KIX and if we run it manually it seems to work.

Regards,
Praveen Ghimire