[Samba] Possibly WERR_DS_DRA_ACCESS_DENIED or NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO

James Fowler fowlerj at adst.org
Mon May 6 18:02:43 UTC 2019

Ah.  I missed the last part.  Definitely didn't wipe hard enough.  Without
Windex, I just can't get the spots off the platters. ;)

Thanks again Rowland (and Luis) for your help with this.

James

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 12:02 PM Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 May 2019 11:14:24 -0400
> James Fowler <fowlerj at adst.org> wrote:
>
> > All, but once, I've used it as second DC in conjunction with a
> > Windows AD server, joining it to an existing domain.  Granted, this
> > is the first time I've used it with a 2008R2 AD domain and forest
> > level.
> >
> > Before I spent anyone else's time on this, I wiped it completely
> > (down to new disk labels) and still run into this error.
> >
> > It is good to know that it should be working.  If anyone comes upon a
> > solution, please post it to the list.  If/when I find one, I will too.
> >
> > Thank you for all of your help.
>
> You cannot have wiped enough, I would suggest a complete re-install,
> but with a different OS.
>
> Rowland
>
> --

James Fowler
Chief Information Officer
Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training http://adst.org
Capturing, Preserving, Sharing - Oral Histories of US Diplomacy