[Samba] Possibly WERR_DS_DRA_ACCESS_DENIED or NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO

James Fowler fowlerj at adst.org
Mon May 6 15:14:24 UTC 2019

All, but once, I've used it as second DC in conjunction with a Windows AD
server, joining it to an existing domain.  Granted, this is the first time
I've used it with a 2008R2 AD domain and forest level.

Before I spent anyone else's time on this, I wiped it completely (down to
new disk labels) and still run into this error.

It is good to know that it should be working.  If anyone comes upon a
solution, please post it to the list.  If/when I find one, I will too.

Thank you for all of your help.

James

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 10:49 AM Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 May 2019 10:39:05 -0400
> James Fowler <fowlerj at adst.org> wrote:
>
> > Inline.
> >
> > On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 9:58 AM Rowland Penny via samba <
> > samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > > I asked about 'Zentyal' and was/if this was a DC, you answered
> > > 'Yes'. I asked which, now you say it has never been a DC, so were
> > > did 'Zentyal' come from ?
> > >
> > Yes, this is Zentyal (https://zentyal.com/community/) which is the
> > present incarnation of Ebox, built on Ubuntu (in this case 18.04).
> > It aims to more or less make a turn-key appliance that includes the
> > possibility of including various services (mail, firewall, Samba,
> > etc.).  That's where it comes from.  Sorry for the confusion.  I
> > didn't want to obscure that fact that Zentyal was generating
> > configurations for various services.
> >

> Zentyal is usually a Samba AD DC, I suggest you you wipe it from your
> disc and then start with clean OS.
>
> Rowland
>
> --

James Fowler
Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training http://adst.org
Capturing, Preserving, Sharing - Oral Histories of US Diplomacy